Tuesday 11 September 2012

School Magazine research continued...

School Magazine research continued...

This is another school magazine that I found on google images, I am unsure of what school it is from, however there appears to be a school logo in the top right hand corner of the page. This is more of what I would expect a school magazine to look like; with students clearly on the front. The date can also clearly be seen, I feel that the date on the cover of a magazine is extremely important for the readers, I will make sure my cover has a date which can clearly be seen.
I find that this magazine cover is telling the reader that inside there is text about a new building, and I also think that the photograph behind the students may be the new building, as it reads 'New Humanities Building'.
I overall like this front cover as I feel that it is telling the readers about what is inside and the photographs and the on the front clearly show that it is a school magazine. I like how they have overlayed a two images and how they have cut and pasted the two students on to the cover; I feel that this further helps showing that this is a school magazine. However the two students are cut out and pasted on to the cover badly; I feel that this takes away the professional look of the cover.
 
The colours used for the text also stand out extremely well, contrasting with the background, I will take this in to mind when creating my own front cover. I also find that the bright colours help make it eye catching.
I also like the idea of the school logo being in one of the top corners, I feel that this clearly tells the reader/viewer before they even pick it up, that it is from/ for that certain school. I am going to also take this in to mind and maybe add it into my cover.
 
I feel that this magazine cover is alot better than the first magazine cover I looked at, as I feel that this gives off more information about what is inside without having to open it and look at the contents page.
 




1 comment:

  1. Some thoughtful comments.
    Try to bring in the textual analysis skills we have been covering in class: denotation, connotation, mode of address etc.
    Re colours - Does this magazine seem to have a clear colour palette? If so, what do you think is the rationale behind it?

    ReplyDelete