Thursday 20 September 2012

Magazine Conventions

Magazine Conventions

 
I searched 'Magazine Cover conventions' a website called SlideShare.com. The conventions I found in the slide were;
 
-Mast head
-Main featured article
-Free posters (if the magazine was brought)
-Main picture/ Featured article pictures
-Barcode
-Price
-Date
-More articles that the magazine will feature
-A banner including the actors that will be featured in the magazine
 
I have found out that these make up a magazine cover and help the viewer/ buyer see what is in the magazine without actually looking in it. I also see that they have used a lure, of free posters, to further entice the viewers in to buying the magazine. I feel that all magazines need to have this to show the readers what is it, I have also noticed that most magazines do, in fact have these certain conventions. I have also noticed that without one of these certain conventions the magazine may not do as well as it could do; e.g. If there were no information about articles in the magazine on the front cover people may not stop to look through the magazine and therefore not buy it.
I am going to use these in both of my magazine tasks, however I feel that some of them I may not need in my school magazine i.e A banner about the actors that would be featured in the magazine, however I could possibly change this to what students and teachers are featured in the magazine.


No comments:

Post a Comment