Friday 7 September 2012

School Magazine Annotation

 

School Magazine Annotation


This is the Beaverwood school times magazine, it was published during May 2012. My first overall impression of the magazine is that it is eye catching. The colours use are very bright and also fit with the theme of 'spring', I also noticed the 'B' of Beaverwood and the 'T' of times has been put into a font that also fits with the theme.
The magazine also has two sub headings which lead onto articles about things that have happened in the world. I feel that they have used this information because then the pupils can get up to date on what is going on in the world; even if they do not watch the news or read the paper.
However I have realised that there is nothing about things that are going on at school on the front of the paper, although there may be some on the inside, and feel that pupils and teachers may not pick up the magazine because of this. 
The layout of the magazine is very organised; making it easy to read and understand, I feel that this is essential in a magazine as if the readers/viewers cannot understand it, they will not buy it.

However, overall I feel that this magazine cover looks more like something that you would find on the inside pages of a magazine. I feel that the cover should have a small line or two about all of the stories on the inside; I feel that this would make it easy for the reader to understand what was on the inside without having to look through the magazine.

1 comment: